What’s better on a cold winter’s night than snuggling up in a blanket on your sofa, putting a great film on and eating a bit of comfort food? Fill your boots with some of these sweet treats that will leave you wanting more.
Microwave Mug Cakes
Most people haven’t tried a mug cake themselves.You’ve probably seen a little video in your newsfeed demonstrating how to make one. You might have shared it with your friends or tagged someone in it. But why not actually try it? After all, if it looks delicious enough to share online then it should be delicious enough to make yourself. All you need are a few basic ingredients, a trusty microwave and about ten minutes.
The largest mug you have (to avoid spillage)
4 tbsp of self raising flour
4 tbsp of caster sugar
2 tbsp of cocoa powder
3 tbsp of milk
3 tbsp of vegetable oil
2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Place the flour, sugar and cocoa powder in the mug.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix.
- Put your mug in the centre of the microwave and cook on high for 4-5 minutes.
- The mixture will rise and voila! Your mug cake is ready.
No Bake Energy Balls
These are simple, delicious and genuinely healthy. What’s not to love? If you’re a fan of the no-bake energy balls, make a little stockpile of them and store them away in your fridge. You’ll be able to pick at them throughout the day. They’ll be your favourite guilt-free snack.
A mixing bowl
Old fashioned oats
Honey or agave nectar
Ground flax seed
- Mix all of the ingredients together in your mixing bowl.
- Put the bowl in the fridge to chill for about 10-20 minutes. This will cool and harden the mixture a little and make it easier to roll into balls.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and roll into balls.
It really is as simple as that. The balls can be as small or large as you like. We’d recommend about 1 inch in diameter, so that they’re bite size and easy to pop into your mouth. If you’d prefer some no-bake energy bars, just press the mixture into a baking tray or pan and slice as you wish. If you want a warm treat, just pop them in the microwave on high for one minute.
Chocolate Filled Raspberries
This is one of the easiest snacks to make but they’re delicious. More people would be eating these if they knew how simple they are to create.
A piping tube
Chocolate of your choice (white/milk/dark)
- Get your raspberries and fill them with melted chocolate.
- Place them in the fridge to cool.
It’s as simple as that! They taste delicious without making you feel too naughty if you’re trying to cut down on sugar and chocolate. I mean, its mostly fruit so the chocolate doesn’t really count at all!